As you all know, the past year has been one filled with its fair share of difficulties. And I will never be able to thank each and every one of you for sticking with me through all the ups and downs.
Today, I am thrilled to be writing with some very exciting news!
After trying for nearly three years to run this practice on my own, I finally faced the extremely difficult realization that I just can’t do it alone any more. I have, for a long time, wanted to get back to what I do best – caring for your children and your families. I want to focus on the vision that brought this practice to fruition – the fresh and modern approach to pediatric care that I wanted to bring to my practice but that has become increasingly difficult as I have gotten overwhelmed by all that comes with running a business.
ALL that being said…. I would like to be the first to tell you about the most exciting collaboration I have chosen to start with Just Kids Pediatrics, a growing pediatric practice with several locations in Oklahoma City. They are beginning to make their footprint larger in Tulsa and so they approached me recently and we entered into talks about how we could work together to make our dreams a reality.
I imagine you’re all wondering how this will affect you as patients and how it will affect your experience at Florence Park Pediatrics.
I assure you, more details will be forthcoming. But what I can tell you for now is that this is going to be an incredibly positive change for you, as patients. Here are a few of the things you can expect as we gradually move toward Just Kids Pediatrics at Florence Park.
- Continuity of care – you will remain my patients as long as you desire!
- Improved access to nursing staff – we will be increasing our in-house staff and you will also have access to JKPs phenomenal crew of triage nurses
- Expanded hours – as you know, our current hours are limited by staffing shortage – JKP will eventually build up to, not only longer daytime hours, but will offer both evening and weekend hours!
- The same loving, personal, forward-thinking, open-minded care you’ve come to expect from Florence Park Pediatrics – before entering into this collaboration, Just Kids and myself ensured that we were on the same page when it came to philosophies of patient care.
- Staff – our current plan is to bring all of the FPP staff onboard! It was very important to me that, not only my staff have career stability, but that you, as patients, continue to see the same smiling faces you have come to love!
- Stability – I imagine you’ve all had fears over the past year or so that FPP might not make it – but this merger will bring not only stability of our practice, but it means I will be practicing there for as long as they’ll have me!
I know there will be questions and rest-assured, my staff and I will answer anything we can! The biggest thing to know is that this change will happen gradually over time and, in reality, you might not even realize it’s happening! But once you do realize it, you’re going to love it!!
In love and health,